Sunday, November 20, 2016

Life is too Short to Wait... Mixed media wall decor

Hie guys! A few days ago I was contacted by Itsy Bitsy India and was asked if I would like to use their in-house brand Little Birdie's products (stencils, recently launched Colour Splash sprays, etc) in my creations. Needless to say that I said YES :d!!! 

So I received the following things: 2 colour splash sprays - Black Currant and Tangerine, 1 stencil, 1 bottle of silicon glue, a pack of cream-coloured lace, and a few coloured and white cardstocks.


And... 

This is what I came up with :)! A mixed media project! I've kept this project purely Itsy Bitsy-esque, hardly using any non-Itsy Bitsy products - right from flowers to stamps to cardstocks (to the stencils and sprays ofcourse). The central focus for the background is on the railing water droplet effect, and that's how I've stenciled all the different designs - in ascending heights. Same goes for my sprays in different directions.



Since there are so many amazing features of the products that I received, I'd like to highlight some of the things separately as follows:

1.) Colour sprays: I love how vibrant these sprays are, and when you use them in your mixed media projects, you get varying degrees of effect in colours through water sprays: from strongest to lightest. In various places, I also achieved a more deeper plum colour when my Tangerine spray got mixed with my Black Currant spray. I think that's pretty kewl!
2.) Silicon glue: OMG! If you are as fussy as I am when it comes to tackling the hassle of a glue gun, Itsy Bitsy's silicon glue is your answer. It is stronger and quicker (in drying) than your average craft glue, and more flexible than your glue gun. So while it dries faster, it gives you the option of adjusting your embellies to your liking without having to worry about it getting stuck to the project as soon as the glue gun hits it.
3.) Stencils: they're super beautiful! The stencil that I received had 4 different designs in it and that increases my options of getting more designs out of one stencil in various permutations and combinations! I also love the fact that every design stands out individually and can be used alone to give an elegant and simple look to any project.






Hope you guys like what I created and I would love to see some feedback from you :).

Participating in:
Itsy Bitsy India - AG with stencils
We Love 2 Create - AG/mixed media
Brown Sugar Challenge - AG
Rhedd's Creative Spirit - AG
Not Just Cards Challenge - AG
Creative Artist Mixed Media - AG (mixed media)
Creative Fingers Challenge Blog - AG
Love to Craft Challenge Blog - AG

24 comments:

  1. Beautiful creation ! love the way you have coordinated the colour scheme
    cheers
    DT Itsy Bitsy
    http://happymomentzz.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! All of that texture is really amazing! Thanks for joining us at Brown Sugar!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely make. It's always so good to get new products to play with. Thank you for joining us at Rhedd's Creative Spirit Challenge this month.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a fabulous project, so much detail to look at, really beautiful! Thank you for joining us at the Creative Artiste Mixed Media Anything Goes Challenge. Good luck! Love Denyse (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! What a beautiful creation! I love the textures you have achieved and your colour palette is beautiful. Thank you for joining us at the Creative Artiste Mixed Media Anything Goes Challenge. Good luck! Love Denyse (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome job!! Great colors and lots of nice texture! Thanks for joining us at Love To Craft! Challenge Blog! Hope to see you again soon!!
    HUGS!
    Ann DT
    http://anncard.blogspot.tw

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a stunning project! Big wow!!! Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I do love having new products to play with and you have made something really beautiful - Thank you for sharing with us over at Rhedd's Creative Spirit this month and hope to see you again in future challenges.

    Handcrafted by Ellapu
    Mother Hen for Altered Eclectics
    Mother Hen for Eclectic Ellapu
    DT Rhedd's Creative Spirit

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. Love playing with my products. Thanks for dropping by :).

      Delete
  9. Lovely textures! Fantastic panel! Thank you for playing along ITSY BITSY CHALLENGE#2-2016!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mesmerizing! Thank you for playing along at Itsy Bitsy challenge #2

    ReplyDelete
  11. beautiful Panel!!! Thanks for playing along with us at Itsy Bitsy
    DT Gopi Shah

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a beautiful piece. Love it. Thank you for entering your project at Rhedd’s Creative Spirit. Sammy-x

    ReplyDelete
  13. A beautiful creation. Love the colours Pen DT LTCCB

    ReplyDelete